We are helping local authorities, the NHS and other public sector bodies make significant cost and carbon savings through switching to biomass energy.
Around 80% of any organisation’s energy expenditure is through heating and hot water, so by finding a cheaper way to keep your buildings warm you can have a significant impact on your operating costs.
Benefits of biomass heating for the Public Sector
江苏体彩网7位数开奖the switch to biomass boilers in a single site or district heating arrangement will allow your organisation to:
- Reduce costs – wood pellet and wood chip are cheaper than fossil fuel equivalents
- Cut your carbon footprint
- Deliver a significant payback on capital investment through RHI (Renewable Heat Incentive)
- Contribute to the Scottish and UK Government’s sustainability targets
- Support your local economy by supporting local fuel providers
- Attain budgetary stability – reduce your dependence on fluctuating oil prices
If you are in Scotland – read the Scottish Government’s guidance on energy efficiency for the Public Sector.
Generate electricity through Biomass CHP (Combined Heat and Power) systems
Previously, wood-fuelled electricity generation was the reserve of major manufacturers and processors but advances over the last couple of years mean that small scale biomass CHP (Combined Heat and Power) systems are becoming available and are ideally suited to hospitals and other buildings with a high power demand throughout the year. Find out more about our wood-fuel CHP systems.